I have travelled and stayed in five different cities.
Born in Kuantan, I have moved to Teluk Intan, Ipoh, Taiping, and currently
settling in Petaling Jaya, perhaps moving to another city in a few years time.
Moving from one city to another definitely has its perks. I’ll be able to know
more people, experience different lifestyle, enjoy local delicacies and many
more. The longest I have stayed in a city is not more than 8 years. Well, you
could say that I have experienced different stages of education at different
schools. My primary education was in Teluk Intan, followed by secondary education
in Ipoh, moving on to pre-university education and finally a degree in Petaling
Jaya. The reason I mentioned this is not to brag on how many schools I have
attended, but to highlight the moments I have experienced.
What is
the best thing when it comes to school life or even university life? Is
definitely not the homework, assignment or exams of that I’m sure. Friends,
teachers, events. These are the people, the moments which altogether forms a
memory. If you are spending most of your study years in the same school, it may
not be too hard to recall the great and wonderful moments during that time. Or
to recall the name of your friends which has leaved an impact in your
life. However, I have to admit that I may sometimes get these memories mixed
up. As I’ve been through different schools, I could recall the great moments,
but be struck in confusion at where it was created. And because of that, I take
photographs, lots of them.
Is
never easy for me to maintain the friendship I have made throughout my study
years. Simply because I get transferred quite often and there are too many for
me to maintain. Yes, people usually tell me that I can make a lot of friends
and is nice to have that many. In a way, it is true, to able to recognize
people wherever you go. However, this is similar to the term ‘Jack of all
trades, master of none’. I have many friends from the constant transfer, but
hardly a friend whose friendship is maintain from the time we met to this very
day. Is nobody’s fault, really. Friendships are sometimes lost or affected by
distant as well as formation of new friendships. Even if I were to meet them again, I may not know their current interest as I was not there at that moment.
Therefore,
I use my photographs, not just any frame or papers with pictures, but the one I
refer as frozen memories. Unlike photographs you see in magazines or
newspapers, their purpose is to educate, describe and portray a current or past
event that had happen. These pictures speak a thousand words, but often do not
convey any feelings to us. Unlike photographs taken by ourselves, is different,
is not just a mere picture, is a memory. How often do we look back at old
photographs and smile? Why don’t we show the same expression from looking at
photographs from newspaper or magazine? Our photographs not only speak to us,
but allow us to relive back the moments of the past. We can’t turn back time
and go through the same experience all over again, but this photographs helps
us to obtain back the emotions or feelings we once felt. In simple words, a
nostalgic feeling.
![]() |
| Prefect Gathering |
I may not
know the latest happenings my friends are talking about, but at least, through
the photographs I have capture, I can share back the memories that we cherish,
which are forgotten most of the time. These
photographs not only help us to recall memories, but brighten our day as well. As
we look back at these photographs, our focus will divert from the worries of
the future to the celebration of the life. These photographs speaks of the future
we once worried about. It shows how far we have come through from it. I’m
not sure about you, but these photographs reminds me that the obstacles or
hardship we are currently facing will soon fade away and be nothing more than
just a memory. It also reminds me that despite the challenges, there are
moments in which happiness are achieved.
![]() |
| R&R After Hosting an Event |






No comments:
Post a Comment