Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Who Am I? Not A Simple Question.

     Who am I? A question which only consists of three words, but the answer to that sometimes takes a life time to truly find the right answer, or may never. Even in the movie Les Misérables, the character Jean Valjean had so many contradicting and confusing identity when he ask himself this question in one point of his life. In reality, we are often asked the same question during an interview. However is not that hard to answer right? I mean, we already have a pre-plan set of answers to be given with those questions. But we know it ourselves, those are hand-picked good qualities or may even simply made up just for the sake of interview.

     So who am I really? I am, was a timid and shy person. In my childhood, I was never really an outgoing person, I preferred to stay silent and observe my surroundings and the people. As I grew up, I became more outgoing, friendly and interactive with people. I guess you could say exposure contributed to this change, or simply because of puberty. I like to be different too. That is why I learned the er-hu and breakdance, simply because is something you don't see everyday. But at the same time, often I feel like an insecure person. Always worry about things that has room for doubt. Fear of the unknown, unpredictable outcome of an event, or just about anything. I guess you could say I have a strong fear in failure and rejection.

     I am also a person who is strong with his own religion. But at the same time I am not the all-believe everything is linked to spirits. Simply put, I am not a fanatic. Another aspect, I prefer to remain open-minded at all times, to allow myself to challenge any doubt or contradiction I encounter. I guess one of the strong points that I have is I can tolerate with almost anyone. I only get angry once in a blue moon. Any discomfort or something of that sorts, I prefer to keep it to myself. I don't mind having all this burden buried within me. Though one day I hope to let it all out.

     All in all, I would say that I am just a person who dislike troubles. Most of the time I am just a quiet person, and I don't feel fake when I am in that state. Though I am called a social butterfly sometimes, but the truth is, I am simply a quiet and timid person in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment